Re: heimdal and krb4 support

Johan Danielsson wrote:
> > Does kadmin load command support V4 format?
>
> This is what the MIT code does, if I'm not mistaken, and wouldn't be
> too hard to add. Do people want this?

I think it will be usefull. The only way I know how to create new V5 database
from V4 database is little obscure sequence of commands

hprop --stdout -4 -d /var/kerberos/principal | hpropd --stdin -d \
	/var/heimdal/heimdal.db
kadmin -l dump dump_of_database
rm /var/heimdal/heimdal.db
kadmin -l init REALM
kadmin -l load dump_of_database

> > 2) I can get V4 ticket with V4 kinit but how to create V4 srvtab
> > files from V5 keytab?
>
> I suppose `Emacs' isn't the answer you want? Some utility to do this
> should definitely be added.

Well, as attachement is source code for new command for ktutil - srvcreate.
It's only simple modification of admin/srvconv.c.
It works at least for me on my linux machine :-)

                                             Mirek Ruda
/*
 * Copyright (c) 1997, 1998 Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan
 * (Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden).
 * All rights reserved.
 *
 * are met:
 *
 *
 *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
 *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
 *
 * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
 *    must display the following acknowledgement:
 *      This product includes software developed by Kungliga Tekniska
 *      Högskolan and its contributors.
 *
 * 4. Neither the name of the Institute nor the names of its contributors
 *    may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
 *    without specific prior written permission.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE INSTITUTE AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
 * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
 * ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE INSTITUTE OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
 * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
 * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
 * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
 * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
 * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
 * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
 * SUCH DAMAGE.
 */

#include "ktutil_locl.h"

RCSID("srvcreate.c,1998/08/20 ");

/* convert a version 5 keytab to a version 4 srvtab */

#ifndef KEYFILE
#define KEYFILE "/etc/srvtab"
#endif

static char *srvtab = KEYFILE;
static int help_flag;
static int verbose;

static struct getargs args[] = {
    { "srvtab", 's', arg_string, &srvtab, "srvtab to create", "file" },
    { "help", 'h', arg_flag, &help_flag },
    { "verbose", 'v', arg_flag, &verbose },
};

static int num_args = sizeof(args) / sizeof(args[0]);

int
srvcreate(int argc, char **argv)
{
    krb5_error_code ret;
    int optind = 0;
    int fd;
    krb5_kt_cursor cursor;
    krb5_keytab_entry entry;
    char service[100], instance[100], realm[100];
    int8_t kvno;

    if(getarg(args, num_args, argc, argv, &optind)){
	arg_printusage(args, num_args, "");
	return 1;
    }
    if(help_flag){
	arg_printusage(args, num_args, "");
	return 0;
    }

    argc -= optind;
    argv += optind;

    if (argc != 0) {
	arg_printusage(args, num_args, "");
	return 1;
    }

    ret = krb5_kt_start_seq_get(context, keytab, &cursor);
    if(ret){
        krb5_warn(context, ret, "krb5_kt_start_seq_get");
        return 1;
    }

    fd = open(srvtab, O_WRONLY |O_APPEND |O_CREAT,444);
    if(fd < 0){
	krb5_warn(context, errno, "%s", srvtab);
	return 1;
    }

    while((ret = krb5_kt_next_entry(context, keytab, &entry, &cursor)) == 0){
      ret=krb5_524_conv_principal(context,entry.principal,
                                  service,instance,realm);
      if(ret){
        krb5_warn(context, ret, "krb5_kt_start_seq_get");
        close(fd);
        return 1;
        }
      if ( (entry.keyblock.keyvalue.length == 8) &&
           (entry.keyblock.keytype == KEYTYPE_DES) )
         {write(fd,service,strlen(service)+1);
          write(fd,instance,strlen(instance)+1);
          write(fd,realm,strlen(realm)+1);
          kvno=entry.vno;
          write(fd,&kvno,sizeof(kvno));
          write(fd,entry.keyblock.keyvalue.data,8);
         }
      krb5_kt_free_entry(context, &entry);
    }

    close(fd);
    ret = krb5_kt_end_seq_get(context, keytab, &cursor);
    return ret;
}