Broken shared library dependencies

Hi,

There are two broken dependencies (apart from the com_err "dependency"
reported earlier) when compiling with shared libraries.

1. -lcrypt is needed by -lroken which means that since crypt is checked for
    using AC_FIND_FUNC_NO_LIBS which does not add the library to LIBS
    no binary which links against -lroken compiles. This has been around for
    a very long time but I have so far been able to fix it myself. Now, however
    my autostuff is too old to work with heimdal. I claim that -lcrypt must
(together
    with -lresolv) be in LIBS if present.

2. ktutil now needs to link agains libhdb.la and consequently against $(DBLIB).
    This is new.

Regardless of how one might feel about shared library dependencies (broken or
not) this is the way things are and one has to deal with it. All of the above
is on
RH 5.x.
	Cheers Leif

Leif Johansson				Phone: +46 8 164541
Department of Mathematics		Fax  : +46 8 6126717
Stockholm University 			email: leifj@matematik.su.se

    <This space is left blank for quotational and disclamatory purposes.>