Re: more problems

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Assar Westerlund wrote:

> > 1) --enable-new-des3-code still doesn't work for me (that same result as previous)
> I'm sorry if I'm dense, but what's the the same result as previous?
see list-archive if it exits ;-)

> > 3) telnetd doesn't work properly:
>
> Is that an IPv4 or IPv6 address?
It was IPv4 address but host is IPv6 ready, too.

> If you start your telnetd with `telnetd -a debug' you should be able
> to get a better error message from krb5_sock_to_principal.  But I
> would guess that I might be that the reverse or forward mapping is not
> correct.
Ok, I will check it tomorow.

> > 5) please don't use gethostbyname2. Use getnameinfo() instead
> > (and use getaddrinfo(), too).
>
> Why do you dislike gethostbyname2 (apart from get{name,addr}info()
> being `better')?
I like when my client programs (for example telnet) are trying all
addresses with belongs to specified host:
[misiek@linstar misiek]$ LANG=C telnet linstar.zsz2.starachowice.pl 9999
Trying 3ffe:902:12::10.9999...
Trying 195.164.211.2.9999...
but this is less important thing than portability...

>  On most of the systems that we're using there is no
> implementation of get{name,addr}info and then we're forced to use
> gethostbyname2 (or actually getipnodeby{name,addr}).  A
> roken-implementation of get{addr,name}info are on their way but not
> finished yet.
on my system (linux && glibc) functions getipnodeby{name,addr}
are'n implemented yet ... ;)

> > btw. what is CVSROOT and password for ro only access to heimdal CVS ?
>
> We haven't set up read-only access to the CVS tree yet, sorry.
Too bad.

--
arkadiusz miśkiewicz        [misiek@misiek.eu.org]
[P]olish [L]inux [D]istribution with IPv6 support