Re: FTP broken

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 09:14:33AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 11:54:46AM +0200, Assar Westerlund wrote:
> > Brian A May <bmay@dgs.monash.edu.au> writes:
> > > Hence, my guess is that the supplied inet_ntop_v4 is broken for little
> > > endian systems????
> >
> > Yes, I think you're entirely correct.  Can you try the following
> > patch?
>
> Problem solved.

I thought FTP was fixed, but apparently not so:

ftp> mget *
---> TYPE A
---> EPRT |1|130.194.1.91|3575|
---> NLST *
mget dgs4000.tar.bz2? n
mget thesis_h.tar.bz2? n
ftp> prot private
---> PBSZ 1048576
---> PROT P
S:200 Data protection is private.
ftp> mget *
---> EPRT |1|130.194.1.91|3577|
---> NLST *

[computer hangs here]

clear works but private doesn't work. However dir always works regardless.
Strange. Anyone else got ftp to work?

On Ultrix, dir doesn't work, even in clear mode:

Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> cd copyu
S:550 copyu: No such file or directory.
ftp> cd copy
S:250 CWD command successful.
ftp> debug
Debugging on (debug=1).
ftp> dir
---> EPRT |1|130.194.64.68|4833|
S:200 EPRT command successful.
---> LIST
S:150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'.

[computer hangs here]

Both cases are using the same Linux server.

If I dump the packets for the second case, it would appear that
nothing is being sent by the server, until *after* I abort the
transfer with Ctrl+C, then everything comes --- too late. Weird.
I am not sure if it is the same problem, but in both cases the
command connection remains open and I can continue to type
in commands.

I will provide more details as I find them.

--
Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au>

PGP signature