Re: heimdal KDC hangs looking up principal (0.1m through 0.2g at least)

"Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@kf8nh.apk.net> writes:
> It seems to be looping around inside of the db libraries, but I may have
> missed some points.

That seems to imply that either there's a bug in db or that the file
become corrupted (I guess I think the library still shouldn't loop).

> I do have one other curiosity which probably explains why I'm the only one
> seeing this:  turns out I can reproduce it reliably iff I do the following:
>
> 	hprop from kaserver to the test KDC
> 	use kadmin to modify the test KDC (testing replacements for scripts
> 	  which currently talk to kas)
> 	hprop from kaserver again
> 	*KDC hangs on a principal lookup, not immediately but soon after*

Ok, I should try to reproduce this.

> | correctness?  Can you verify if there's an entry for `hdb/db-format'?
> +--->8
>
> kadmin> get -l hdb/db-format
> kadmin: hdb/db-format@ECE.CMU.EDU: Principal does not exist

That wouldn't work, this is just a key that's added (`transparently')
by libhdb.  So you would either need to write a small program that
retrieved that key or I seem to recall there being a program included
with libdb that dumped the database to ascii?  But that might have
vanished and/or not be included with your Linux distribution.

/assar