Re: Heimdal <-> MIT 1.1.1

Assar Westerlund <assar@sics.se> writes:

> This doesn't say very much.

I can verify the same problem here.  With the proposed default_etypes =
des-cbc-crc, I get the following error message instead;

  [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because telnetd: krb5_rd_req failed: Program lacks support for encryption type ]

The MIT Kerberos KDC has the following configuration in kdc.conf;

        master_key_type = des-cbc-crc
        supported_enctypes = des-cbc-crc:normal des-cbc-crc:v4

I can't verify the source of the binaries since I don't know where the
sourcecode is, but I grepped the binary around found this;

jonas@melange:/usr/local/sbin> strings telnetd|grep 'des-'
des3-cbc-sha1 des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc
des-hmac-sha1
des-cbc-raw
des-cbc-md5
des-cbc-md4
des-cbc-crc
des-cbc

The kdc.log was unaffected by this and reported the same problem as before.