Re: problem with hprop/hpropd

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> On 07/13/00 15:17:13 +0100 Graeme Wood <jaw@ucs.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> +-----
> | I hope someone can help me. I am trying to get hprop and hpropd working to
> | transfer a v5 database between machines. I have created a hprop.keytab
> | file containing the kadmin/hprop key on both machines.
> |
> | When I run hprop the following error is produced:
> |
> | hprop: hprop/tcp unknown service, using default port 754
> | hprop: krb5_sendauth: Server not found in Kerberos database
> +--->8
>
> You need hprop/<hostname> entries, which need to be in the appropriate
> keytabs.

Yes. Now done that but...

I now get

hprop: krb5_get_init_creds: Key table entry not found

I would still prefer some documentation on how to set this up.

Graeme Wood                                 Email: Graeme.Wood@ucs.ed.ac.uk
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552