Interoperating with Win2K

[Thanks to those who answered my previous posting about imapd,
 Alexey Melnikov's patches worked nicely]

I'm now trying to test out interoperability with Windows 2000 and as a first
step I have a NetBSD box sitting in a Win2K based realm, pointing to the
domain controller as KDC.  I've set up a keytab for the machine as described
in Microsoft's "Step-by-Step Guide to Kerberos 5 Interoperability.

If i try to telnet to this box, from this box I get the following:

 netbsd# telnet -l duncan netbsd.poc.vuw.ac.nz
 Trying 130.195.225.30...
 Connected to netbsd.poc.vuw.ac.nz.
 Escape character is '^]'.
 [ Trying KERBEROS5 ... ]
 Kerberos V5: mk_req failed (KDC has no support for checksum type)
 [ Trying KERBEROS5 ... ]
 Kerberos V5: mk_req failed (KDC has no support for checksum type)
 Password:

Any ideas whats failing here? How to get around it?

Once I get this working I can move on to trying cross realm authentication
which is what I actually want to do.

cheers
mark