Re: Heimdal + AFS + Win2k

On 11 Aug 2000, Assar Westerlund wrote:

> Johan Hedin <johanh@fusion.kth.se> writes:
> > It's not crusial like the AFS support. We do have some HPUX 10.20 boxes
> > running a CAD system.
>
> Does the CAD system use the Kerberos 5 / DCE stuff that's shipped with
> HP-UX 10.20?
>
> > Is this just simply telling the users they need to change passwords?
>
> My current understanding is that after converting a v4 database a
> password change is required for the users before they can authenticate
> from w2k.

And in fact that's how we have it set up; Of course this requires you
detect a login failure on the win2k machine, and have a custom password
changing client to actually do it, or have the users change their
passwords elsewhere first (to populate the extra salts you need for the
user in the databse)

-D