PAM module for heimdal under Linux

[ Cc to Franck Cusack and Gombas Gabor ]

Hello,

I have made a patch for the Kerberos 5 PAM module written by Frank Cusack
(you can find it on http://www.fcusack.com) to make it work with
heimdal 0.3a under Linux (Debian potato).

I had to apply the patch for named memory caches
written by Gombas Gabor to heimdal sources (you can find it on
http://valerie.inf.elte.hu/~gombasg/ldap/).

You can find my patch on:

http://ns1.logidee.com/~joko/heimdal/heimdal_pam.html

I am neither a kerberos, nor a pam expert, so this patch may be
completly insecure, full of bugs, or it might even burn your computer.
Use it at your own risk.

I am off course ready to answer questions about my patch.

And while I'm at it:

Does Gombas Gabor's patch have a chance to be included into heimdal ?

And is Frank Kusack interested in maintaining compatibility between his
PAM module and heimdal on Linux ?

Joel K.

--
I want to  argue that an  effective way of  promoting true computer literacy
would be to make Unix basics part of the curriculum... for everybody.