Re: Heimdal and OpenBSD 2.6

Naomaru Itoi <itoi@eecs.umich.edu> writes:
> Hi, Assar,

Hello again.

> [libdefaults]
>         ticket_lifetime = 600
>         default_realm = CITI.UMICH.EDU
>         default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5,des-cbc-crc
>         default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-md5,des-cbc-crc
>         forwardable = true
>

> [realms]
>         CITI.UMICH.EDU = {
>                 kdc = babble.citi.umich.edu:88
>                 admin_server = babble.citi.umich.edu:749
>                 default_domain = citi.umich.edu
>         }
>
> [domain_realm]
>         .citi.umich.edu = CITI.UMICH.EDU
>         citi.umich.edu = CITI.UMICH.EDU

When I try to copy that into /etc/krb5.conf and test running on an
OpenBSD box (actually running 2.7 - but I don't think it should
matter).  So there's a program called `verify_krb5_conf' that tries to
read and give you any useful diagnostics on the krb5.conf syntax, can
you try running that?  And please attach the complete configuration
file, since there might be some whitespace that does bad things.  But
the first thing for you to try is to remove the krb5.conf file and see
if it works then, which is should, since you have a cname
kerberos.citi.umich.edu.

Thanks for your patience.

/assar