Re: Dumpucko!

    Richard> Now, changing "Dumpucko!" to something more informative
    Richard> would, IMHO, be A Good Thing(tm). I am also curious as to
    Richard> why the heimdal ftp client is one of those that insists
    Richard> on sending a password (and which password it sends since
    Richard> it didn't ask me for one).

Use debug:

[504] [lyell:bmay] ~ >ftp
ftp> debug
Debugging on (debug=1).
ftp> open lyell
Connected to lyell.csse.monash.edu.au.
220 lyell FTP server (Version 6.00+heimdal-0.2l) ready.
Trying GSSAPI...
[...]
---> USER bmay
[...]
---> PBSZ 1048576
---> PROT P
S:200 Data protection is private.
---> SYST
S:215 UNIX Type: L8
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.

however, this is Heimdal 0.2l, where that bug doesn't seem to exist.

    Richard> By the way, is anything happening with rcp - I sent some
    Richard> source to Assar, but haven't heard anything since. rcp
    Richard> would be very nice :)

I use rsync. Not sure why you would want to use rcp instead of
rsync...
--
Brian May <bmay@csse.monash.edu.au>