Re: getaddrinfo() and AI_CANONNAME

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 05:39:36PM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> 	you were looking for FQDN of local hostname?  in that case,
> 	you should never use ai_canonname for that.  i was confused.
> 	sorry about the confusion.

Ok, the question still holds: application calls krb5_sname_to_principal()
with hostname == NULL which internally uses getaddrinfo() to determine the
canonical local hostname. On AIX, it results in a principal name of the
form "host/hostname@REALM", whereas the keytab contains "host/FQDN@REALM".
So the application can not find the correct keys and authentication fails.

Is my first idea (try to fix the value returned by getaddrinfo() to always
include the domain part; using getnameinfo() is a good candidate to do that)
should be followed, or the problem should be handled a different way?

Gabor

--
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary