Re: libsl, libss, vs e2fs libss

--On Friday, November 10, 2000 12:44:10 PM +1100 Brian May
<bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> wrote:

>     Derrick> Aside from run time library issues since your libss wants
>     Derrick> libeditline and a termcap library the only issue should
>     Derrick> be "use the mk_cmds that corresponds to the libss you
>     Derrick> use"
>
> As far as I can tell, the Heimdal build process never calls mk_cmds...

I am stupid, and missed that. I consider parts of heimdal to have
implicitly already been generated with the heimdal mk_cmds and hence use
the headers that came with it.

My impression is this:
-you want the libsl and the headers from heimdal installed, because the
"vendor" ss is not sl, it's ss
-heimdal only uses sl functions, not ss functions. so if you let sl
actually build you shouldn't have a problems.

tell me i'm wrong, i probably am;-)