Re: IPv6

    >> I am not really familiar with IPv6 (just playing around), but
    >> so what is wrong here?

    itojun> 	which operating system are using?  it seems to me that
    itojun> you have another (IPv4-only) telnetd running on port 8024
    itojun> already.

Linux 2.2.18

No, I don't have any other daemons running on that port.

snoopy:/usr/local/sbin# telnet dewey 8024
Encryption is verbose
[...]
Trying 192.168.87.134...
telnet: connect to address 192.168.87.134: Connection refused

Initially I also did the same thing on port 8023.

I think the kernel is blocking the IPv4 bind, because it sees the IPv6
binds on the same port. However, this behaviour seems to be wrong.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>