Version of Berkeley DB

Hi list members,

what version of Berkeley DB is needed for Heimdal 0.3d?

I first tried to compile it on Solaris 2.6 with Berkeley DB 2.4.14
(that was the one I already had on the system). But then I got the
error message that the undefined symbol "dbopen" is referenced in
"./.libs/libhdb.a(db.o)".

Then I installed the (presumably) current Berkeley DB 3.1.17. Now I
get the error message that the undefined symbol "__db185_open" is
referenced in "./.libs/libhdb.a(db.o)".

Also, is there a way to only compile the client part of Heimdal? From
what I understand, this would eliminate the need for Berkeley DB.

Thanks for your support,
Rainer