Re: Using Heimdal with a Win2k KDC

"Jacob Gorm Hansen" <jg@ioi.dk> writes:
> Hi,

Hello

> Has anyone gotten Linux-clients running Heimdal to authenticate towards a
> Win2k KDC?

Well, yes, but it might depend on the circumstances.

> I can run kinit just fine, but when I try to telnet to another linux host, I
> am told that "KDC has no support for encryption type".

Can you try adding this to your /etc/krb5.conf:

[libdefaults]
	default_etypes = des-cbc-crc
	default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc

(the problem is that the w2k kdc doesn't implement some standard
checksum types).

> Furthermore, I am not allowed the change my password using kpasswd.

I've done password changes against a w2k kdc, so that should work.  If
you're getting the same error as above, the same medicine should
work.  If not, I would like to find out what errors you get.

/assar