Re: kinit.c patch

Chris Chiappa <griffon+heimdal-discuss@snurgle.org> writes:

> The problem I was having specifically is that I needed des-cbc-crc
> for the -4 option to work to kinit.

Modern MIT krb524d seem to require des-cbc-crc, for unknown reasons. I
think older version were happy with any des key.

> I assumed this was because (AFAIK) des-cbc-crc is the only crypto
> Kerberos IV accepts, correct?

Not really. It only uses the des key, and they are (normally) the same
for all three enctypes (des-cbc-{crc,md4,md5}). Kerberos 4 itself
would use something like des-pcbc-none (which is not part of any
Kerberos 5 standard).

/Johan