Re: RFE: prompt_types, as with MIT krb5 1.2.x

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 09:51:12PM +0200, Assar Westerlund wrote:
> Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams@ubsw.com> writes:
> > Krb5_gic_*() and friends set an array of prompt_types in the context
> > structure corresponding to the prompts passed to the krb5_gic*()
> > prompter passed in by the application. The prompt_types allow the
> > prompter function to determine what the prompts are for.
>
> Why isn't `krb5_prompt_type' just added to `struct krb5_prompt' ?

You'd have to ask MIT folk. My guess? MIT must have had macros in
earlier versions (well, 1.1.1, I guess) that made it difficult to extend
that structure later.

> Passing the types through the context is ... icky.

Indeed. I do not argue otherwise. If you wish to add prompt type info to
the struct krb5_prompt that's fine with me and I'll see to it that
PAM_KRB5 supports that (yet more autoconf/ifdef magic; sigh).

> /assar

Nico