Re: Kerberos V and xdm

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 01:25:33PM +1200, Mark Davies wrote:

> I'm curious why the tests are in that order (the heimdal telnetd also does
> these tests in that order).  If you have a user that has the same password in
> the local unix passwd file and in kerberos they don't get tickets issued.

If you are using Kerberos that means you do _not_ want to keep regular
passwords in /etc files. So /etc files contain passwords for emergency
administrative accounts only which should work even when the Kerberos
service is not available. In this case, the only sane order is to look
at the local password file first.

Gabor

--
Gabor Gombas                                       Eotvos Lorand University
E-mail: gombasg@inf.elte.hu                        Hungary