Re: Unknown errors

On 11 Jan 2002 eichin-lists@boxedpenguin.com wrote:

> > At any rate, without a known error number nobody knows what's going on,
>
> Ah, com_err. To get you past that hump:
>
> % grep -e $(expr 2529639093 + 0) /usr/include/krb5.h
> #define KRB5_KT_NOTFOUND                         (-1765328203L)
>
> Which the admin.texinfo lists, uninformatively, as
> KRB5_KT_NOTFOUND:  Key table entry not found
>
> so looking at the keytab was certainly the right thing to do next.  I
> don't see a DNS entry for that name, so I'll stop here...

It's private namespace.  The uni won't delegate ieee.uow to us, so we use a
private DNS server to reference all the machines in the lab.  The DNS works
fine for everything else, though, so I wouldn't put that first on the list
of possible problems...

I don't really see how the problem is DNS-related, though.  /etc/krb5.conf
should be set up OK, but is shown below anyway.

[libdefaults]
default_realm=IEEE.UOW.EDU.AU
        clockskew = 300

[realms]
        IEEE.UOW.EDU.AU = {
                kdc = kerberos.ieee.uow.edu.au
        }

Anything else of importance?  Well, kerberos works pretty fine except for
this one application.

If you've got any thoughts, let me know and I can at least try them out.

One thing that did worry me was that ktutil list didn't put a realm on the
end of any of the listed tickets in the keytab.  Is that normal behaviour?

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16@ieee.uow.edu.au