Re: cross-realm auth (sort of...)

You could do something like this, but you would not be sure that the
ticket actually came from a valid KDC. Security by obscurity, if you
like.

> I want to allow other people  to use my LAN if they can present a
> valid ticket

How should they present that ticket, and to what?

> but I was under the impression that true cross-realm auth was a bit
> too closely knit for this purpose.

You'd need cross realm keys between all allowed realms, and the realm
you use, but for a limited set of realms (like your example) this
shouldn't be a huge problem. The question is of course if the trouble
is worth it, does it really matter if someone gets network access, or
is it just a matter of stopping random users.

/Johan