RE: kadmin: Fatal: could not seed the random number generator Abort- core dumped

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 14:01, dtennant@panasas.com wrote:
> I don't know if this is the best solution, but when I had that problem,
> I ran ./configure --with-openssl=no, and the problem went away.  I
> didn't put in the effort to debug the problem further, so if that's
> not a viable solution for you, I don't know what else to suggest.

You should install egd, ekgd, SUNWski, or ANDIrand to get a reasonable
random number generator for Solaris, and then build OpenSSL
appropriately for whichever one you use.  (We've seen hangs waiting for
randomness to develop with egd and SUNWski, the randomness of ANDIrand
is as yet undetermined, and ekgd is a PRNG seeded from /etc/srvtab, for
those who care about the quality of their random seeds....)

--
brandon s. allbery   [linux][solaris][japh][freebsd]
allbery@kf8nh.apk.net