Re: Heimdal with Solaris 8 clients, amonst other things

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 02:52:59PM +0100, Tim Bishop wrote:
> Well, I've had a good stab at this. The kdc logs now reveal:

[...]

> So it claims it's going to use old-des3-cbc-sha1, but then the solaris 8
> client returns:
>
> tdb@vulture [~] % kinit
> Password for tdb@TEST.DOMAIN:
> kinit: Program lacks support for encryption type while getting initial
> credentials
> tdb@vulture [~] %
>
> I'm getting a touch lost at this point to be honest :)

I know this one. I've seen this with MIT krb5.

Try removing requires_preauth on the principal in question or try
forcing the client to always do pre-auth. If that works then the problem
is this: the KDC lists des3-cbc-sha1 first in the ETYPE-INFO in the
requires-preauth error response to the initial AS-REQ even though the
AS-REQ did not list des3-cbc-sha1 in the requested enctypes list.

> My diagnosis is that the Solaris 8 client doesn't properly support des3. We
> could just use the heimdal client side stuff (that works fine!), but we want
> to use the secure NFS stuff that the Solaris clients offer (part of SEAM). I
> don't yet know if that will work with heimdal clients.
>
> Has anyone got the SEAM NFS stuff going? (with or without heimdal)

I. I did patch my MIT krb5 KDC to deal with the ETYPE-INFO issue I
reference above.

> Cheers,
> Tim.

Cheers,

Nico
--
-DISCLAIMER: an automatically appended disclaimer may follow. By posting-