Triple DES in telnet

Hello all,

I'm trying to enable des3 support in our realm and I'm not able to make a
telnet client work with this enctype. Telnet clients always ask KDC for
tickets with des-cbc-crc enctypes even if default_etypes and
default_etypes_des in krb5.conf are set to
'des3-cbc-sha1 des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc'.

The host principal in the KDC database contains all these enctypes, and if I
try fetching a ticket with the kgetcred or ftp command I'll get correct (i.e.
des3) enctype.  Does anyone know if is it possible to use Triple DES enctypes
with telnet clients?

Thanks beforehand,

--
Dan