Re: heimdal build problem #2

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 01:58:24PM +0200, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:
>
> > Any ideas why HAVE_GLOB would be defined when it clearly
> > says it wasn't found?
>
> Not really, but that macro isn't really used anywhere. Since we
> include glob in roken if it doesn't exist, we always assume it does.

The trouble is that it does matter with one of my patches I have.

Previously, when trying to build Heimdal based on an already built
version of libroken, the compiler (IIRC) would use the include file
definitions for glob, which came supplied with libc6. It would link
against glob which is supplied with libroken.

However, the two versions of glob are incompatable, so this lead to
ftp crashing.

The patch in question (I similar one has also been applied to
kerberos4kth in Debian) simply renames glob to roken_glob, but only if
HAVE_GLOB is not defined. Similarly roken-glob.h is used instead of
glob.h (which already exists in libc6).

May problem, is that since HAVE_GLOB is defined, gcc has been told
to include glob.h instead of roken-glob.h, which won't work.

I suspect what I will end up doing is patch the configure script
to never define HAVE_GLOB, because I think it is unlikely that it
will ever be set.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>