Heimdal, Openafs and Win2000

Hi openafs- and heimdal-mailinglists,

I'm trying to set up a heterogeneous openafs/heimdal environment.

I have a heimdal-0.5.1 kdc alongside an openafs-1.2.6 afs-server
running on my linux server.

Client Operating Systems include Linux and Windows 2000. Linux
Systems run openafs-1.2.6 Clients, On Windows I deploy
openafs-1.2.2b Clients. (Downloaded binaries from www.openafs.org)

Things work fine on Linux now, i.e. I can login (pam), get a kerberos V
ticket (kpam.so) covert it to an afs token (kpam.so). Right now I do
have three accounts, a regular unix account, an entry in the kerberos
db and one in afs's pts db...

On Windows things seem to be a little more "confusing". My kerberos/afs
testuser has a local windows - user account and when I login I'm granted
kerberos tickets from my heimdal-linux kdc. (To set up this, I used
ksetup the way it was described in heimdal's documentation).

But I can not convert these tickets to afs tokens (no afslog for
windows?!) and when I try to use the windows-openafs included "Obtain
New Afs Tokens"-tool, I get a "Error 8: The user doesn't exist".

My heimdal kdc.log shows strange things such as:

2002-11-27T11:17:58 AS-REQ vvs.@LABIX from IPv4:192.168.0.7 for
afs.@¨+@¨+@
2002-11-27T11:17:58 Server not found in database: afs.@¨+@¨+@: Failed to
convert v4 principal

My Cellname is labix, my realm LABIX but my testuser name is vvs (without
a . at the end.). And this is the name I type into this "obtain-token"
window.

By the way, klist.exe (from microsoft) shows my v5 tickets.

Is there a way to use Windows 2000 as Openafs Client/w Kerberos? What's
the minimum number of User-dbs I have to sync and administer (read:
Can I setup one User-Database (maybe using openldap) to be used by Linux
and Windows2000)? And how do I do that?

Please feel free to send every little piece of information that you have
and think I could benefit me.

Thank you for your patience, good work and for sharing your knowledge,

Valentin v. Seggern

--
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes - everywhere is war.