Re: why heimdal over MIT?

fsmunoz@gesal.org [Fri, 14/03/2003 at 12:18 +0000]
> Frank Cusack writes:
>
> >For those of you running heimdal, why did you select it over MIT?

Here (France), I couldn't get MIT source due to export restriction. So
Heimdal was the alternative.

Better afs integration (f.e. kinit gives you the token automaticly: one
command)

I had at the time issues for authentication from windows machines  that
were solved more natively with Heimdal (I no longer remember the details
though)

Bad point: Policies (pasword lifetime, password rules etc.) are
incompletely or weirdly implemented but nothing that can be cured by
some C coding.

--
Jean-Marc Chaton, Infra Team, IBM Paris Lab