Re: Heimdal telnet PAM, Kerberos SSH for Windows

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 06:54:35PM +0000, fsmunoz@gesal.org wrote:
> I installed the heimdal telnetd in several machines, it works perfectly in
> all tested platforms. The only thing is that I would like to control the
> login of certain users to certain machines, i.e. to have the user
> authorized after being authenticated. I wasn't able to use PAM with the
> Heimdal telnetd daemon, it appears to be totally indiferent to changes in
> the pam configuration. The same applies to Heimdal ftpd.

You can make heimdal telnetd use PAM by using the system login program.

However, see <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/184031> first.

In short, login in unstable no longer accepts the "--" in the
command line that is generated by Heimdal's telnetd. Login
in stable is fine.

I consider this a bug in login, so I have filed the bug report
against login. No response yet.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>