how to achieve what kinit does programmatically?

Hi:
	I can use "kinit" to get a TGT from a win2000 KDC in my Solaris machine and I also assume there must be Kerberos API's to achieve the same thing programmatically in C. However I couldn't find too much info on this. Could anyone kindly tell me the correct way to do it?
	Another odd thing is in my /usr/lib/krb5 folder I can find some kerberos libraries which contains some API symbols like
krb5_init_context however I couldn't find any man page for this function. Do I miss something here or  I need to download separate Kerberos library to do this?

Thank you very much.

Kent