Heimdal with Solaris ndbm works?

There's a comment in the Heimdal docs that it supports Solaris ndbm,
but such a configuration was deprecated (I forget the exact words).
Does anyone actually use this combination?

Am I likely to see fewer problems on Solaris if I use the built-in
ndbm, or if I install Berkeley DB2 or DB3?

I assume /usr/ucbinclude/dbm.h & /usr/ucblib/libdbm.a is likely to be
buggy and even less recommended than ndbm.