PKINIT cannot kinit

Title:
Hi,
 I recently downloaded the PKINIT patch for Heimdal 0.5 and compiled it with pkinit enabled but without smart card support or Globus support. I used the usual heimdal process to initialize the realm and created a user called "sujeevan" using "kadmin -l". When I do a kinit i get "kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: Client name mismatch" and in the /var/log/krb5kdc.log "PKI client is not authorized to use principal sujeevan@TEST". I need help getting pkinit to work.
--
Sujeevan Rasaratnam
Alcatel Canada - R&I - Security group