Many thanks to everybody who posted on this subject.

One of the advices was to use 0.6.1rc3. This version compiles well, but I
got some problems with gssapi when I used it for ssh build.

I hence solved the problem by simply replacing the 0.6 version of
lib/hdb/db3.c and lib/roken/ndbm_wrap.c with that from 0.6.1rc3. This time
everything worked just fine and as a result I was able to build OpenSSH
3.7.1p2 with K5 credentials forwarding and correct AFS token handling.

Andrei.