Re: More kpasswd woes.

At 9:11 PM +0100 3/8/04, Love wrote:
>"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
>
>>>You need to explicitly put your AFS cell name as the salt in there.
>>
>>  That seems entirely reasonable, but it doesn't explain why kpasswd
>>  does something different from kadmin/cpw.  Structurally that entry
>>  appears to only affect kadmin, while my problem is with kpasswd.
>
>Are you using /var/heimdal/kdc.conf on your kdc ?
>
>I'm asking since heimdal 0.6-branch kpasswdd doesn't read that file (while
>kadmind does). This have been fixed in the head of the development branch.
>
>Love

Definitely confused here, at least just reading code.

The default_keys entry is read by make_keys() in set_keys.c
which is called by _kadm5_set_keys (same file)
which is called by change() in chpass_s.c
which is called by kadm5_s_chpass_principal_cond() (same file)
which is called by change() in kpasswdd.c.

AFAICT that is the only place the config file entry is read so it
looks like it should happen.

You say something related was fixed in -current, was it fixed in the
latest 0.6 release snapshot as well?  (Or is 0.61 going to go "final"
in a day or two?)