Event ID:       594
Date:           3/30/2004
Time:           11:29:25 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       TESTW2K8
A Kerberos Error Message was received:
         on logon session InitializeSecurityContext
 Client Time:
 Server Time:
 Error Code: 3:28:5.0000 3/30/2004 (null) 0x7
 Extended Error:  KDC_ERR_S_PRINCIPAL_UNKNOWN
 Client Realm: LARA_HMD.COM
 Client Name: lara
 Server Realm: LARA_HMD.COM
 Server Name: HOST/Test_w2kserver
 Target Name: HOST/Test_w2kserver at LARA_HMD.COM
 Error Text:
 File:
 Line:
 Error Data is in record data.

testw2k8 is the client machine
test_w2kserver is the computer in w2k domain that
client wants to access
LARA_HMD.COM is the Kerberos realm
LARA_W2K.COM is the W2K domain realm

So, client sends TGS_REQ to KDC in LARA_HMD.COM for
host/test_w2kserver@LARA_HMD.COM, but actually
host/test_w2kserver is in LARA_W2K.COM !!

How does the KDC look up for the actual realm of
host/test_w2kserver ? Checking kdc.conf or krb5.conf ?
or through DNS lookup ?

Currently my KDC returns KDC_ERR_S_PRINCIPAL_UNKNOWN
and the log file says:
2004-03-31T17:50:32 TGS-REQ lara@LARA_HMD.COM from
IPv4:192.168.168.105 for HOST
/test_w2kserver@LARA_HMD.COM [renewable_ok,
canonicalize, renewable, forwardable
]
2004-03-31T17:50:32 Server not found in database:
HOST/test_w2kserver@LARA_HMD.C
OM: No such entry in the database

lara

=====