Re: using ldap as heimdal backend

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 13:20, GĂ©mes GĂ©za wrote:
> for the ldapi connection method you should do your tests with somehing like:
> ldapsearch -H  ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fldap%2fldapi -x

Duh, can't believe I didn't try that...thanks :)

That is working now and I get responses to ldapsearch simple binds.
However, still getting the error when trying to init my realm in kadmin:

esmtp# kadmin -l
kadmin> init WEBTENT.NET
Realm max ticket life [unlimited]:
Realm max renewable ticket life [unlimited]:
kadmin: kadm5_create_principal: ldap_add_s: Can't contact LDAP server

I've tried different regular expressions in the slapd.conf file in
addition to the way I have it in my previous post:

access to *
        by sockurl.regexp="^ldapi://.*/$" write
        by dn="cn=Robert Fitzpatrick,ou=People,dc=webtent,dc=net" write
        by self write
        by * read

Anybody know what my problem may be? I assume my permissions, etc. are
set OK if the ldapsearch is now working.

--
Robert