kadmin: kadm5_create_principa: ldap_add_s: Can't contact LDAP server

Hello,

I have a problem of using ldap as the backend of
Heimdal.
I've followed the instructions given in PADL
Documentation, but I still get "Can't connect to
server" when trying to initialize a new REALM in
Heimdal using kadmin.

By turning on the debug mode, I can see that the
database is opened:
--snip--
slapd startup: initiated.
bdb_db_open: ou=KPrincipals,dc=laras,dc=com
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(/var/lib/ldap)
slapd starting
--snip--

but running this returns me error:
[root@localhost libexec]# ldapsearch -H 'ldapi:///'
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP
server (81)

It is written that ldapi is used for LDAP over IPC
(unix domain sockets).
I supposed that this applies to Linux as well right ?

Any idea how should I begin to debug this problem ?
I haven't tried using backend-monitor bec I guess it
will only confirm the fact that the local socket is
not opened....

-lara-

=====