Re: Two questions about using cracklib for checkingpassword-quality ...

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 04:38, Harry Rüter wrote:
> Hi everybody !!
>
> 1. Question :
>
> Where can i find cracklib.patch ?

Just a quick note on the horrors of cracklib...

If cracklib fails to find it's dictionary, it will exit(1) the server
(or abort(), I can't remember which).  In any case, there will be no
good log entry, only a kpassswd server that no longer exists (I presume
- this is all from my attempts at a cracklib patch for Samba, where that
was considered unacceptable).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet@pcug.org.au