Re: domain to realm mappings and DNS (probably a bug)

I should have said REALM == (Upper Case) domain.  If people follow the
case convention THEN it's a non-issue.  ;-)

On Apr 23, 2004, at 12:26 AM, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Henry B.Hotz wrote:
>
>> In the ideal world realm == domain so it's a non-issue.
>
> Except that realms are usually uppercase and domains are lowercase,
> and someone thought it would be a funny prank to make kerberos case
> sensitive *mumble*.
>
> That's the issue, and that's why I want the lookup...
>
> /Nikke

I agree with you that case sensitivity is not a feature in practice,
though I wouldn't quite go so far as to call it a bug.  If I have to
deal with some non-upper-case realms I may change my mind.
----