Re: Exporting gssapi context, take two

>     Kevin> Any suggestions for a cleaner/clearer approach?
>
> Have a glue cred_t that can easily be distinguished from a mechanism
> cred_t.  Have the mech specific function decide whether it is a glue
> cred and call a routine in the glue layer to coerce the cred to the
> right type.
>
> You'll also need to discuss in this forum how we want to deal with
> calling mechanism specific functions in a glue environment.
>
> Adding the mechanism-specific functions to the glue layer is clearly
> the wrong answer though.

Sam,
I understand (and can agree with) your aversion to putting this
in the glue layer, but aren't you asking for a standardized glue api
here?

I'm sure you don't want code that is dependent on a specific glue
implementation in the MIT gssapi code?  This doesn't make it right,
but there is already a pname_to_uid function in the mechglue code.

K.C.