Re: Errors building PHP 4.3.6

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Maybe this is not the right place, but I have Heimdal 0.6 installed on
> FreeBSD 5.2.1 and getting this error when trying to build and install
> PHP 4.3.6. Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?
>
> /usr/local/lib/libc-client4.so: warning: tmpnam() possibly used
> unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
> /usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_cc_get_principal'
[snip]

Your postgres install (libpq.so is the client lib for postgres) was built with
kerberos support, you need php to link against libkrb5 as well.

try:
	env LIBS=-lkrb5 ./configure

which should add the kerberos libs into the makefiles.  If that doesn't work,
you will have to manually edit PHP's configure, and replace all '-lpq' with
'-lpq -lkrb5'.

Cheers

--
Christopher Maxwell