Intalling PHP 4.3.7 with PGSQL support and Heimdal

Trying to portupgrade my PHP 4.3.6 package with PostgreSQL 7.4.2 support and getting this error below. Trying to setup postgresql with Heimdal Kerberos 5 support, believe I have, but not tried anything with it, yet.

/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_cc_get_principal'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_sname_to_principal'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_cc_default'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_cc_close'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `error_message'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_free_error'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_sendauth'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_free_principal'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_unparse_name'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_free_context'
/usr/local/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `krb5_init_context'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php4/work/php-4.3.7.

I've posted this around a few weeks ago on some lists and still no success. I had a suggestion to add lines to the spec file, but not sure which file that is. Seems PHP is having a problem with the PGSQL support and its libraries for krb5. Nonetheless, from the looks of the Makefile for postgresql, everything should be there for it to build with krb5 support. I receive no errors when building or installing posgresql with heimdal support and have tried 'make deinstall' and 'make reinstall'. I have the WITH_HEIMDAL_KRB5, HEIMDAL_HOME is set to /usr/local where it resides with libs and includes. Someone also suggested adding a -lkrb5, but again, I have not been able to figure out where to place this setting in the file. Should I add it to the line that produces the error building PHP above (I think the libtool command) or in the postgresql Makefile.

esmtp# ldd /usr/local/bin/psql
/usr/local/bin/psql:
        libpq.so.3 => /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.3 (0x28096000)
        libkrb5.so.20 => /usr/local/lib/libkrb5.so.20 (0x280b2000)

Anyone know where I can make these changes needed or what to try next?

--
Robert