Line length limit

I think I got bitten by popper.h:#define MAXMSGLINELEN   1024
today: I got an email containing a line of approx 1.2MB and
my client detected that the server aborted in the middle of
an email.

What do you think is the right action:

     1) Ignore problem because it does not happen so often anyway
     2) More graceful error handling than closing the stream
        without comment, maybe even delivering the non-offending
	emails or lines correctly
     3) Fixing the problem by rewriting the code so that it can
        handle arbitrary line length
     4) Making the error less probable by setting MAXMSGLINELEN to 5MB
        and get a bigger process
     5) Ignore, pop is not this century-ish anyway ;-)

Harald.