Re: Kerberos/LDAP/SASL central authentication server howto

On sřn, 2004-08-08 at 14:29, Markus Moeller wrote:
> Jose,
>
> under "5.1.2. LDAP access" you show the nss_ldap config with:
> ssl start_tls
> tls_cacertdir /etc/ssl/certs
>
> Can't I use SASL/GSSAPI instead of SSL to avoid the SSL cert
> management ?

Nope, GSSAPI only secures the passwordexchange while tls/ssl secures the
whole transaction. So if you update another users password on a remote
server only uses GSSAPI, you'll end up authenticating securely but the
other users password will be transmitted in cleartext.

mvh
Tarjei