Problem in output to a kinit process

Hi,
I am sure this would make a good question for a perl list, however as the
problem I am facing is only when I use heimdal version, has prompted me to
write to you all, Please bear my newbie question.
I have an automated process (ie. like webmin) a cgi program to configure a
kerberos client. However as I am taking the input from the users in a form
I pass it to a perl program which authenticates the kinit process against
the kdc. This script works perfectly in Redhat, with MIT Kerberos Library,
however when I switched my machine to Suse, the script fails. here is my
script.

======The Main Part=====
#!/usr/bin/env perl
use warnings;

open (WTR, "| kinit Administrator\@IN.CAL 2> error.txt");
print WTR "password\n";
print WTR "\n";
close WTR;
======

I am encountering problem, where the kinit process waits for user input,
however the requirement is that it should not wait as I am writing the
password to STDIN of the process.

regards and much thanks to all.