Re: Migration from Heimdal to MIT database

Andrei Maslennikov <andrei@caspur.it> writes:

> In one of our installations, we need to migrate
> from Heimdal DB to MIT DB. Is there any way to do it?

There are no ready tools for it that I'm aware of, but the database
contents should be about the same, so it should be mostly a matter of
converting one format to another.

Perhaps you can use perl to convert the dump format. There are
probably a few differences, I know that MIT have two extra principals
K/M (which is the master key), and kadmin/history, so you'll have to
add these someway.

It would probably also be quite easy to write a filter to hprop that
outputs in MIT dump format.

/Johan