Re: semi-colon taboo?

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 08:58, Andrew Bacchi wrote:
> As it turns out, the problem was in a Perl script I use to listen for
> queued additions to the kerberos database.  A semi-colon in perl is the
> EOL character, as you know.  So kadmin was not receiving a valid

Er?  It's a command separator; it's not specifically an EOL character.

(I could wonder if you're seeing something like the oddness I've
observed on some systems with an "eol2" termios character when programs
that don't know about eol2 essentially initialize it from uninitialized
stack or heap....)

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu