MIT & Heimdal playing together?

I'm running MIT Kerberos on one system & Heimdal on another. I tried
transferring my Kerberos database from MIT to Heimdal using kdb5_util
dump & kadmin: load, but I merely got a bunch of errors:

error parsing created event

Is there any way to transfer a Kerberos database from MIT to Heimdal?

I also tried connecting to the MIT kadmind using the Heimdal kadmin.
Unfortunately, kadmin hung indefinitely after prompting for my admin
principle's password.

Is there, perhaps, some documentation discussing MIT & Heimdal
interoperation? What's possible & what's not?

I found some related topics on Google & Gmane, but so far no answers.

Thank you for any help!

Jack