Design Questions for Adding PTserver Support

I've got some patches to make the kafs lib in Heimdal do the pt server
exchange to get the right uid for the AFS token.  I'm not satisfied
that I'm doing the right thing for error handling though.

The default is to use the local Unix uid for the token, but several
app's seem to use some other information to supply the uid to use.
ftpd, for example, pulls the uid out of a password file entry.  Is it
worth hacking on the API in order to preserve these values as backups
in case the ptserver doesn't respond?  (I'm hoping the answer is no,
but I think the answer is yes.)

Second issue:  is there an Arla equivalent to pr_Initialize() that does
the whole parse-the-CellServDB-or-AFSDB-DNS-records-and-use-UBIK
business?

As long as I'm asking questions:  Anyone know when 0.7 will be
released?  I'd kind of like to get an "official release" that supports
AES (and PKINIT if possible).
----