Re: Problem using kinit

Florian Preuß wrote:

> I have a problem using kinit.
> I'm using Heimdal Kerberos 0.6.1rc3-51 delivered with SuSE 9.1 and 0.6.2-8
> delivered with SuSE 9.2.
>
> Now my problem is, if I use the following command, I'll get an error:
> kinit -k -t /etc/krb5.keytab.slurpd repli@TEST.NET
>
> Error:
> kinit. krb5_get_init_creds: failed to find repli@TEST.NET in keytab
> /etc/krb5.keytab.slurpd
>
  > I created the keytab with W2k3 as follows:
> ktpass -princ repli@TEST.NET -mapuser repli -pass password -out
> krb5.keytab.slurpd

Your privious e-mail to kerberos@mit.edu indiated that the ktpass used
to create this keytab  created the entry TEST@TEST.NET ptype 1 (KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL)
  vno 4 etype 0x3 (DES-CBC-MD5) keylength 8 ...

So the keytab does not have the repli@TEST.NET

> I tried this also using MIT Kerberos and it works, but for the reason of
> integration I want to do this using Heimdal Kerberos. Is there a way to fix
> it?

You must be mixing up your tests. As I said in the previous response
you normally don't use ktpass for a user. You may want to go back to AD and
delete the test accounts, and start over.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory